Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog....that is the question!/thankful list

Today a friend told me that I really needed to update my blog. I have been pondering this for a while now. Not sure how many strangers I want knowing about our personal life. After all...we teach our kids not to talk to strangers so what am I doing posting about our personal life??? Duh! But it is so fun to share my pictures and scrapbook pages and recipes with you all. But is anyone even looking in on this much outdated site? She told me to check with googleanalysis and so I signed up for that but don't think I have it working correctly. Anyone able to help me out??? Is a blog out of date...with facebook and all? A blog just seems so much more personal and creative.

I am thinking a private blog may be the best solution. If you would like to view my blog send me an email at bendaknee@msn.com and I will put you on the list.

My new frame of mind is to give thanks....in every circumstance. My top 20 thankful list today-
I am thankful for:
  • for good health
  • a dry home (since it has rained almost every day in the past month here)
  • beautiful children who love Jesus
  • a hard working husband
  • a bible I can read any time I like
  • a job that lets me create, fingerpaint, blow bubbles, etc. which I absolutely love
  • friends to study God's word with and who care about one another (especially me in the past 3 months!)
  • for the end of all the 5th grade parent projects (next week school is out!)
  • food every day...in abundance....especially vegetables which I am so fond of these days
  • my camera...duh....It is probably lonely these days with me spending so much time on the couch!
  • a beautiful hanging basket that my mom gave me for Mother's Day...thanks mom!
  • traditions
  • music and a daughter who is becoming a good piano player
  • Dr.'s who help us every day
  • Fingernail polish....red especially!
  • Free orthodontics...hopefully mom keeps working at least 5 more years :-)
  • Hugs
  • a wheel chair...yes I am thankful for my wheel chair today.
  • Folded laundry....because we have enough clothes to change each day....and then some
  • Life long friends

So this is my thankful list....what is yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do check your blog regularly...it's nice to see it's been updated!!