Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Creative World

I can't help it...I LLLLOOOOOOVE to be creative! I think I am an addict.....I made a rule not to have the computer on while the kids were awake because otherwise I get so into my "work" I forget that there is another world out there- LOL! So this week has been great. I have gotten to take some cute pictures of two precious boys....




I learned how to make plain painted backgrounds look like textured...Bazzil lookalike card stock WAHOOOO!!!! That was like the coolest thing ever...and so easy! I learned how to take typing and turn it into a brush to be saved for use over and over again. I learned how to use the custom shape tool....There are a lot more shapes than the star and heart (I didn't know that!). I learned how to make buttons that have more than one color on them be recolored in a way that looks real. I learned how to make one picture fade into another...the only problem is my... ehem... all in one Epson printer/scanner is not working so I can't finish my layout....so you will have to wait to see it until Epson contacts me. Their support is unbelieveably horrible! I am thinking I should have gotten a different machine! But anyway, here is another layout I made using the things I have learned.

In Bible study we have been talking about making index cards with our favorite scriptures on them so that we can go back to them when we are going through a hard time. I made 8 cards last week and am excited to make 8 more this week.....However, I am not going to use the cards because I am gonna print them into a 6X6 book. We all need one of these right? God is so much bigger than even our biggest problems. There isn't a day that I don't remember to thank Him for the blessings He has promised in His special book. When I used to teach Sunday School I always told the kids that the Bible was my favorite book. They knew it too because I told them a lot....just couldn't help myself. So many good things in the scriptures! Anyway, here is the beginning of my book....
And, to top it all off this week....Sadie graduated from Obedience School today! She scored a 183 out of 200 (you need 170 to pass). I was so nervous because last week she scored a 140...she failed miserably and I felt like the student who was embarressed to be in the class. So this past week we crammed!!!! Seriously, it was like being in college again. Crazy! One thing I know is that I cannot go back to that time in my life. School stresses me out! Why do I always to overachieve? For goodness sake...who cares what the score is as long as you pass right? Maybe she did so well because Jeff took her for a long run this morning. Or maybe it was all the dramamine I gave her before we left!

Anyway, I feel like I could just crash tonight. So pleased but so tired! A dear friend heard that I had been sick this week and brought dinner tonight. What a treat. Bless her heart!

Now the only thing left on my plate is that my Aunt & Uncle from Arizona are coming with their three kids tomorrow for a quick visit. We love to see them and I am really looking forward to seeing them all again. Their son Jared is getting married and his fiance' is coming along so we are going to have a surprise shower on Sunday afternoon. I decided to make a bunch of recipe cards with favorite Scheffer family recipes as a gift. They turned out really cool and now I am thinking that mine are looking pretty shabby. Perhaps I will need to make new ones for myself as well. But it will have to wait.



2 comments:

Jill said...

Shona!
1. so glad the dead rat has been tracked down!
2. the pics of Joshua/Caleb turned out beautiful-I know Bethany was thrilled!
3. Yeah for Sadie and you! I know you are relieved!
4. I am so glad we can share our excitement for Jeannie-I have been bursting at the seams for weeks and weeks! :)
5. Hope this weekend isn't too crazy. See you soon!
Jill :)

one blessed mama said...

ditto to what jill said! :)
a great post! i'm feeling so out of touch. we missed you on wednesday! hoping to catch up soon. hope you have a great weekend! :)