Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break

What a great week we have had...everyone is healthy again-Horray! On Monday we went to Jeannie & Loren's and enjoyed the warm weather. We also organized a bunch of pictures for a project we are working on. The kids ran through the sprinklers and played in the dirt outside. This picture of Micah is something you could catch any day of the week because he is obsessed with shooting hoops and dribbling...he is so much more coordinated than the girls....it must be a boy thing :-)

On Tuesday I had to work a bit in the morning and then we decided to play a prank on my parents. They were coming home from a vacation to Florida so we made a sign up and put it in their yard...it was only up about 2-3 hours and they had 2 phone calls on it-ha! We marked it rediculously low ($159,000) and put my dad's cell number on....giggle!

Then we went to the park to meet other mom's and kids from church. We celebrated three friends birthdays. It was a beautiful day! We had a picnic lunch, played ball, and just enjoyed the sunshine!


Wednesday was organizing day...we went through all the kids clothes-both winter and summer to see what still fit and to pack away our winter stuff. We organized our drawers and made piles for the consignment store and thrift shop. We did laundry and put fresh sheets on all the beds...gotta love that smell!
Here is what is left to go in the attic and to the consignment store!Thursday we played with the Van Hulzen girls....the kids went back and forth between our house and theirs all day. We painted letters for the girls' room (a project I have been trying to get them to do for over a year).....we played outside.....and we decorated eggs for a craft. The girls have played with the Van Hulzen girls since Jon and LeAnne moved back here...since Riley was about 9 months old (I used to babysit her while LeAnne worked). Anyway, they are the sweetest girls and everyone gets along really well...gotta love that!







Friday I went shopping for some new clothes at the outlet mall and then in the afternoon we met the Muljats at the pool to swim a while. Afterwards we went for ice cream at Edaleen. It is amazing what a little outing can do for the spirits :-)

Saturday was a catch up day....lots of homework for Taylor after being sick so long. Hailey had a project too...an Indian doll for a unit she is doing for Creative Arts Week. It was a Sioux Indian. She loves to do projects with us. Any chance to be together is exactly what she loves. I love it too...hope that never changes about her!

Jeff made up a treasure hunt for the kids just for fun. They enjoyed that very much. I love it when he has weekends that he has time to do fun stuff. He went for a bike ride and I walked the dog in the afternoon while the kids were at my parents "working" to get ready for Easter. I also went to visit Heidi who is in town with her girls for a week. I get to do a photoshoot for them sometime this week and am very excited for that!Here are two layouts I finished this week....lots of new techniques that I just love! I actually made a list of 100 things about myself...could only fit 88 on the layout though so had to delete a few....if I feel brave tomorrow maybe I will post the list :-)

1 comment:

tammy said...

that picture of Taylor on your layout is absolutely beautiful.