Monday, April 6, 2009

Boys Night out at Sadies 1st birthday

Today we celebrated Sadies first birthday. We made a chocolate cake in the shape of a dog bone (for us) and a dog bone shaped cake made out of doggie food for her. Let me tell you that was a real act of love because that canned dog food stinks like you can only imagine!!!!!! Ha...bless Taylor's heart...you know she loves the dog a lot when she is willing to get her fingers dirty...especially with smelly dog food!





Since it was 70+ degrees today Micah decided to make a paper chain to count down the days until summer.... Without any help at all he cut and stapled 37 rings together. I think there is about 80 days until summer but with weather like we had today....who cares :-)

Friday night was boys night out in Lynden. Jeff said that nearly 1300 men were there and it was an awesome event. Jeff had taken Micah there last year and they had so much fun. Micah has often asked when it would be boys night out again and Jeff always says...I don't know if they are going to do it again...we will just have to see. A few weeks ago on the way home from Taylor's piano lessons Micah saw the sign and since then he asked several times each day...how much longer till boy's night out? Anyway, on Tuesday he got out a grocery bag and put two cans in it for he and Jeff's admission...nothing like being prepared early! Then on Thursday night Jeff was putting Micah to bed and this is what came out of Micah's mouth.....Dad, I think we should pay to get in with cans instead of money. I should save my money because College taxes are going up.....Ha! We had such a good laugh...who knows how he came up with that!

He won a soccer ball in the boys drawing....

and some hooks and fishing line....

The girls and I had a good night too....Barbie movie night.....hmmm.....all I can say is interesting!

No comments: