Happy Mother's Day to all y0u wonderful moms....this is truly a day to celebrate! Our day started off really nice. The kids (and Jeff) made me breakfast in bed (both Saturday and Sunday)! My favorite...blackberry scones and a hot latte' (Coconut Carmel Machiatto). Then the kids all paraded in with gifts...bless their hearts...the girls helped Micah make coupons to give to me for a free breakfast in bed, spa treatment-ha! (they love to give me backrubs and foot rubs), cleaning up his room, etc. Hailey had planted flower seeds at school and gave me flowers....so sweet...she loves to help me plant flowers and water them! Taylor had made a card and a book of coupons in her class to give to me. It was a priceless moment! Jeff gave me a Pantone Huey....it is a little piece of equipment you can use to calibrate your computer monitor so that the colors you see on the monitor are as they will print out to be. It is amazing the difference it makes! Getting ready for church was the end of our blissful morning....girls didn't want to wear what we got out for them...Micah couldn't find his shoes and didn't want to do his hair....typical Sunday morning stuff :-) There was no children's programs and I can honestly say I didn't hear one thing that our pastor preached about....It is good for me to have a boy because I have always thought kids should be in church with their parents every week....now that I have Micah I am not so sure :-)
After church we met my family at Million Smiles...the guys made the food which was a total crackup!!!! My dad actually made homemade rolls...for the first time ever-ha! It was the highlight of the afternoon...so funny! You can see they have a bit more texture than most rolls but truly they tasted awesome! Way to go dad! Loren even made a cake...hilarious if you know my brother! Jeff worked all weekend but bless his heart he still made my day very special and he made a fruit salad and brought drinks. It was beautiful weather!
Anyway, I am so thankful to be a mom...as hard as it is I know it is the perfect job for me and it is growing me up just as much as I am trying to grow them up :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment