Saturday, April 18, 2009

30 Toes 30 Fingers 1 Precious Friendship

A wonderful week it was again. I found myself thanking God for lifelong friend Heidi. We'd never have known one another if we were not neighbors growing up. We used to get together to play office, or school, or sometimes even music band. We worked at Hi Hoe nursery on Saturday morning getting Heidi's chores done so that we could play in the afternoon. We went to different schools, had different friends, participated in different extra curricular activities, went to different colleges, and live in different cities. But God in his kindness blessed each of us with the "sister we never had". We have stayed close over the years but especially since Heidi became a momma. This week I was priviledged to take pictures of her triplet daughters. This was no easy task to be sure. I think I took over 200 pictures. But here are some of my favorites!

Annie Jane:
Abbie LeAnne:
Ellie Shea:





I am full of pride for Heidi. She doesn't have an easy life but still maintains perspective and balance as best she can. She is one of the strongest people I know. I got to help with more than half of the feedings this week and during one of them we were talking about the chore of cutting nails.....30 toenails and 30 fingernails. That alone is time consuming....makes me tired to think about it! But what a precious blessing. I got my baby fix for a while but promised I would be to Wenatchee in June to see them all again :-)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I made it over to your blog to check it out! Your pictures look great and those triplets are adorable! I can't imagine how she does it. It takes a special person for sure!

tammy said...

sweet pictures Shona...what a good friend you are to Heidi. She is blessed to have you in her life.